Awards & Recognition
Awards - Sankara Eye Foundation
- Asian Hospital Management Award 2008 awarded for Diabetic Retinopathy
program by Hospital Management Asia, Manila, Philippines
- Asian Hospital Management Award 2009 (Excellence Award) for
Comprehensive Paediatric Eye Care Program by Hospital Management Asia,
- Bharath Balasubramaniam, President, Community
Outreach Eye Care has been selected as one of the Eye Health Leaders for 2014
by the International Association for Prevention of Blindness. The main showcase
from IAPB was the Standard Operating Protocol for improving quality and
efficiency of eye care delivery developed by the community outreach department
- Indian NGO Award 2008 in the large NGO category by Nand and Jeet
Khemka Foundation in collaboration with the Resource Alliance New Delhi
- FICCI Healthcare Award 2009 for Best Community Driven Outreach
Program in India, New Delhi
- The Renny Tanker – for the Love of Service Award by Tamil Nadu
Research Foundation and The Renny Abraham Tanker Foundation for excellence
in community service, Chennai
- Namma Bengaluru Award 2010 for special contribution to city of
Bengaluru by Namma Bengaluru Foundation
- FICCI Healthcare Award 2010 for the Best Community Driven Outreach
Program in India, New Delhi.
- FICCI Healthcare Award 2011 for Addressing Industry Issues in
healthcare September, New Delhi.
- Sitaram R
Jindal Prize 2011for Rural Development And Poverty Alleviation, New Delhi
- Shri Dharamsey Nansey Oman Award 2012 for Outstanding High Quality High Volume Comprehensive
Eye Care Service Delivery instituted by VISION2020: The Right to Sight –
- IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Excellence Trophy 2013, by
IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award Trust, Mumbai
- Six Sigma Healthcare Excellence 2013 Award awarded by Six Sigma
Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
- Medical Excellence Award 2014 awarded by Aditya Media and
JanSanskruti, New Delhi
- Mobile for Good Award 2014 by Vodafone Foundation - Utilizing
technological innovations for driving social change – main health category , New Delhi.
- IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award 2014, awarded by IMC
Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award Trust, Mumbai
Dr. R. V. Ramani has been recognized and honored by many Institutions for his meritorious community services.
- Selected as a Group Study Exchange Team Member of Rotary
International and visited USA as an Ambassador of good will, 1980.
- Dr. R. V. Ramani has been Selected by Government of India as one of
the 2 working group members in the non-governmental sector for Vision 2020
- Outstanding young person Award of Jaycees International
- Outstanding young Doctor Award of Jaycees International.
- Meritorious Service Award of Lions International.
- Past President of Rotary Club of Coimbatore Central, a 100% Paul
Harris Fellow Club in India.
- Life time Achievement Award from Kasturba Medical College, Alumni.
- One of the Great Achievers of the year 2002, identified by the
Indian Express Daily.
- Recipient of Dr. K. S. Sanjeevini Award for outstanding medical
- Rotary Club of Singapore’s Award for Humanitarian Service for “Gift
of Vision” project in Cambodia.
- Navjeevan Sight Savers Award, Tirupatti.
- Dr. R.K. Seth Memorial Award for Community Ophthalmology 2006.
- ‘Role Model of India’ Award by Basic Research Education and
Development Society, a non-profit organization doing yeoman service in the
field of Education and Health Care in India.
- Mrs. P. Pattanayak Memorial Award, 2006 was presented by Indian
Alumni Group of ICEH, London at Hyderabad on 31st Jan 2007 for his
self-less, devoted Community Eye Care Services.
- Vaidyarathna Award presented by Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham,
- Sankara Eye Foundation, USA award for 25 years of pioneering
service in the field of community eye care.
- Participation in the 2008 Asian Leadership Summit held in New York
on 4th to 6th Nov 2008, hosted by General Electric, HSBC Bank
and IBM. He was invited to speak / discuss on blindness.
- The Ruby Healthcare Excellence
Award 2015 by Shanmughananda Sabha Healthcare division, Mumbai
Sankara is accredited by the following organizations:
- Credibility Alliance
- Charity Aid Foundation India
- Give India
- NABH (SEH, Bangalore)